Smile
-->

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

George Nigh: The Man, The Myth, The Legend

Photo Credit: Cyn Sheng Ling

Recently I interviewed former governor and UCO president George Nigh for The Vista. Either it was a very refreshing experience from a charming old man or I just got played by a very polished politician...

I'm going to stick with the former.

The way I see it, there are a lot of parts to Mr. Nigh. There's the politician, there's the school president, there's the humorist, there's the husband, there's the conversationalist and then there's the good ole Okie boy from McAlester. And none of these parts are necessarily distinct, rather they're al intertwined into one.

I guess you could say the same thing about all of us, but it was interesting to see it in a person with so many different aspects to him and with such an intriguing past.

Some of the best things he said to me were side comments he made when the recorder wasn't on. I only wish some of the other people I've interviewed could have been as easy to work with as he was.

To view my interview in its entirety, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment